Sunday, February 9th is National Bagel Day! Come celebrate with us on Sunday by enjoying three free bagels of your choosing in store.
Some fun facts about bagels:
- The hole in a bagel serves a very important purpose. It increases the bread’s surface area and allows for more crust formation and also makes it cook faster.
- Bagels have been documented as far back as the 16th century. They were a staple in the Polish diet and a common gift for women giving birth.
- The word “bagel” is derived from the Yiddish word “beygel” meaning “ring.”
- The most popular bagel flavor in the United States is plain, with sesame coming in a close second.
- Bagels have traveled through space. Gregory Chamitoff took bagels on his 2008 Space Shuttle flight.
We look forward to seeing you Sunday!